Baking Made Easy..... Irish Soda Bread Mix - Gluten Free with Dairy & Vegan Option
Gluten-free baking made easy...
Simply mix the ingredients in the pack with a half-pint of fresh buttermilk, then bake in the foil provided to enjoy oven fresh Irish Soda Bread. No mess, no fuss - just a preservative free, tasty home-baked treat :)
Want to go dairy-free or don't have buttermilk to hand? No problem! Just add a full teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar to your usual milk (or milk alternative), stir in to combine, then use in place of buttermilk - following the rest of on pack method as normal.
This Irish Soda Bread Mix created by Moditions Bakery from founder Christine's own original blend of gluten free flours is hand-mixed, twice sieved, packed, sealed and labelled on our dedicated gluten-free site. In-line with the Department of Health and Food Standards Agency guidelines, we are proud to say when prepared as per on-pack instructions, this product is low in Fat, Saturates, Sugar and Salt per 100g in forming an adults % Recommended Daily Intake (RI).
Shipping RatesBT41 BT42 BT43 BT44 Local Delivery
N.Ireland, Scotland, England & Wales = £2.95
Republic of Ireland = £3.95
Northern Ireland = £3.95
Republic of Ireland = £4.95
Scotland, England & Wales = £5.95
Delivered Free of Charge throughout UK & Ireland.
2. Wait until oven at temperature, then empty the mix into a large bowl. Add contents of oil pot plus 1/2 pint / 285ml / 300g of buttermilk.
3. Stir gently with a large spoon to combine, then tip mix into foil provided. Smooth into corners and lightly mark a long horizontal line along the top.
4. Set on a baking tray and place in centre of your preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until golden on top. NB: Baking times will vary depending on your oven and cooking time may need to be adjusted to suit. When bread is cooked through, the base will sound hollow if tapped.
5. Allow to cool in foil for 15-20 minutes before removing to set on a cooling rack. Cover with a clean tea towel for a softer top. Best enjoyed fresh on day of bake or toasted on day after.
Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Maize Flour, Rapeseed Oil, Sugar, Buckwheat Flour, Raising Agent E500 (Bicarbonate of Soda), Stabiliser E415 (Xanthan Gum), Salt.
Please see ingredients highlighted in bold.
NB: Buttermilk required to prepare. Dairy-free option above and on pack.
3+ months from delivery.
Typical values when made with fresh buttermilk and prepared as per on pack instructions:
Per 100g: Energy 822Kj / 194 kcal; Fat 2.9g, of which saturates 0.4g; Carbohydrates 37.8g, of which sugars 4.7g; Protein 5.0g; Salt 0.29g.
Per 60g slice: Energy 585Kj / 138 kcal; Fat 2.1g, of which saturates 0.3g; Carbohydrates 26.9g, of which sugars 3.4g; Protein 3.6g; Salt 0.21g.
Store in a cool dry place and away from extreme temperatures.
Product when made is suitable for home freezing.
- Ensure product is well wrapped in an odour-proof wrapping (we recommend clingfilm), or store in an airtight container.
- Freeze within 12 hours of baking. This product will freeze well up to 3 months.
- Defrost thoroughly at room temperature before use and consume within 24 hours. Do not refreeze.
Produced and packed in an environment that is free from wheat, gluten, tree nuts and peanuts.
We Also Recommend